WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. generous (vs. stingy), benevolent, freehearted, big, bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, freehanded, handsome, giving, liberal, openhanded, lavish, munificent, overgenerous, too-generous, unsparing, unstinted, unstinting, unselfish, charitable, generous, unselfish
- usage: willing to give and share unstintingly; "a generous donation"
- 2. generous (vs. ungenerous), big, large, magnanimous, ungrudging, generous
- usage: not petty in character and mind; "unusually generous in his judgment of people"
- 3. generous, ample (vs. meager)
- usage: more than adequate; "a generous portion"
All rights reserved.
See also: generous (Dictionary)