WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coevals, contemporaries, generation, people
- usage: all the people living at the same time or of approximately the same age
- 2. generation, biological group
- usage: group of genetically related organisms constituting a single step in the line of descent
- 3. generation, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the normal time between successive generations; "they had to wait a generation for that prejudice to fade"
- 4. generation, phase, stage
- usage: a stage of technological development or innovation; "the third generation of computers"
- 5. genesis, generation, beginning
- usage: a coming into being
- 6. generation, production
- usage: the production of heat or electricity; "dams were built for the generation of electricity"
- 7. generation, multiplication, propagation, reproduction, procreation, breeding, facts of life
- usage: the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
All rights reserved.
See also: generation (Dictionary)