WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. generate, bring forth, make, create
- usage: bring into existence; "The new manager generated a lot of problems"; "The computer bug generated chaos in the office"; "The computer generated this image"; "The earthquake generated a tsunami"
- 2. render, yield, return, give, generate, produce, make, create
- usage: give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- 3. generate, produce, make, create
- usage: produce (energy); "We can't generate enough power for the entire city"; "The hydroelectric plant needs to generate more electricity"
- 4. beget, get, engender, father, mother, sire, generate, bring forth, make, create
- usage: make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don't recognize them"
All rights reserved.
See also: generate (Dictionary)