WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. generalize, generalise, extrapolate, infer, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: draw from specific cases for more general cases
- 2. generalize, generalise, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak or write in generalities
- 3. popularize, popularise, vulgarize, vulgarise, generalize, generalise, circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around
- usage: cater to popular taste to make popular and present to the general public; bring into general or common use; "They popularized coffee in Washington State"; "Relativity Theory was vulgarized by these authors"
- 4. generalize, generalise, spread, distribute
- usage: become systemic and spread throughout the body; "this kind of infection generalizes throughout the immune system"
All rights reserved.
See also: generalize (Dictionary)