Synonyms of geminate
- 1. geminate, consonant
- usage: a doubled or long consonant; "the `n' in `thinness' is a geminate"
- 1. reduplicate, geminate, duplicate, reduplicate, double, repeat, replicate
- usage: form by reduplication; "The consonant reduplicates after a short vowel"; "The morpheme can be reduplicated to emphasize the meaning of the word"
- 2. pair, geminate, occur
- usage: occur in pairs
- 3. pair, geminate, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
- 4. geminate, double, duplicate
- usage: arrange or combine in pairs; "The consonants are geminated in these words"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of geminate (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.