- 1. gather, gathering, sewing, stitchery
- usage: sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
- 2. gather, gathering, collection, collecting, assembling, aggregation
- usage: the act of gathering something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
- 2. meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather, interact
- usage: collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
- 3. accumulate, cumulate, conglomerate, pile up, gather, amass, increase
- usage: collect or gather; "Journals are accumulating in my office"; "The work keeps piling up"
- 4. gather, reason, reason out, conclude
- usage: conclude from evidence; "I gather you have not done your homework"
- 5. gather, pucker, tuck, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: draw together into folds or puckers
- 6. assemble, gather, get together
- usage: get people together; "assemble your colleagues"; "get together all those who are interested in the project"; "gather the close family members"
- 7. gather, pull
- usage: draw and bring closer; "she gathered her shawl around her shoulders"
- 8. gather, search, seek, look for
- usage: look for (food) in nature; "Our ancestors gathered nuts in the Fall"
- 9. gain, gather, increase
- usage: increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
All rights reserved.
See also: gather (Dictionary)