- 1. gate, movable barrier
- usage: a movable barrier in a fence or wall
- 2. gate, logic gate, computer circuit
- usage: a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs
- 3. gate, gross, revenue, receipts
- usage: total admission receipts at a sports event
- 4. gate, passageway
- usage: passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gate, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with a gate; "The house was gated"
- 2. gate, operate, control
- usage: control with a valve or other device that functions like a gate
- 3. gate, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: restrict (school boys') movement to the dormitory or campus as a means of punishment
All rights reserved.
See also: gate (Dictionary)