- 1. garrison, fort, military post, post
- usage: a fortified military post where troops are stationed
- 2. Garrison, William Lloyd Garrison
- usage: United States abolitionist who published an anti-slavery journal (1805-1879)
- 3. garrison, military personnel, soldiery, troops
- usage: the troops who maintain and guard a fortified place
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. garrison, station, post, send, place
- usage: station (troops) in a fort or garrison
All rights reserved.
See also: garrison (Dictionary)