- 1. gap, spread, disparity
- usage: a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures; "gap between income and outgo"; "the spread between lending and borrowing costs"
- 2. opening, gap, space
- usage: an open or empty space in or between things; "there was a small opening between the trees"; "the explosion made a gap in the wall"
- 3. gap, crack, opening
- usage: a narrow opening; "he opened the window a crack"
- 4. col, gap, pass, mountain pass, notch
- usage: a pass between mountain peaks
- 5. gap, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: a difference (especially an unfortunate difference) between two opinions or two views or two situations
- 6. break, interruption, disruption, gap, delay, holdup
- usage: an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gap, breach, open, open up
- usage: make an opening or gap in
All rights reserved.
See also: gap (Dictionary)