- 1. gamble, speculation, venture
- usage: money that is risked for possible monetary gain
- 2. gamble, risk, peril, danger
- usage: a risky act or venture
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"
- 2. gamble, play
- usage: play games for money
All rights reserved.
See also: gamble (Dictionary)