Synonyms of galling
- 1. chafe, gall, fret, irritate
- usage: become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- 2. gall, irk, anger
- usage: irritate or vex; "It galls me that we lost the suit"
- 1. annoying, bothersome, galling, irritating, nettlesome, pesky, pestering, pestiferous, plaguy, plaguey, teasing, vexatious, vexing, disagreeable (vs. agreeable)
- usage: causing irritation or annoyance; "tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; "aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; "found it galling to have to ask permission"; "an irritating delay"; "nettlesome paperwork"; "a pesky mosquito"; "swarms of pestering gnats"; "a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; "a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; "a vexatious child"; "it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of galling (Dictionary)