WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gall wasp, gallfly, cynipid wasp, cynipid gall wasp, wasp
- usage: small solitary wasp that produces galls on oaks and other plants
- 2. gall midge, gallfly, gall gnat, dipterous insect, two-winged insects, dipteran, dipteron
- usage: fragile mosquito-like flies that produce galls on plants
- 3. gallfly, insect
- usage: any of various insects that deposit their eggs in plants causing galls in which the larvae feed
All rights reserved.
See also: gallfly (Dictionary)