WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. galaxy, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a splendid assemblage (especially of famous people)
- 2. galax, galaxy, wandflower, beetleweed, coltsfoot, Galax urceolata, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: tufted evergreen perennial herb having spikes of tiny white flowers and glossy green round to heart-shaped leaves that become coppery to maroon or purplish in fall
- 3. galaxy, extragalactic nebula, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: (astronomy) a collection of star systems; any of the billions of systems each having many stars and nebulae and dust; "`extragalactic nebula' is a former name for `galaxy'"
All rights reserved.
See also: galaxy (Dictionary)