WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. old-timer, oldtimer, gaffer, old geezer, antique, old man, greybeard, graybeard, Methuselah
- usage: an elderly man
- 2. gaffer, electrician, lineman, linesman
- usage: an electrician responsible for lighting on a movie or tv set
- 3. foreman, chief, gaffer, honcho, boss, supervisor
- usage: a person who exercises control over workers; "if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
All rights reserved.
See also: gaffer (Dictionary)