- 1. dither, pother, fuss, tizzy, flap, agitation
- usage: an excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
- 2. fuss, trouble, bother, hassle, perturbation, disturbance
- usage: an angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
- 3. bicker, bickering, spat, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery, fuss, quarrel, wrangle, row, words, run-in, dustup
- usage: a quarrel about petty points
- 4. bustle, hustle, flurry, ado, fuss, stir, commotion, din, ruction, ruckus, rumpus, tumult
- usage: a rapid active commotion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fuss, niggle, fret, worry
- usage: worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
- 2. mother, fuss, overprotect, care, give care
- usage: care for like a mother; "She fusses over her husband"
All rights reserved.
See also: fuss (Dictionary)