Synonyms of fumbling
- 1. grope, fumble, search, seek, look for
- usage: feel about uncertainly or blindly; "She groped for her glasses in the darkness of the bedroom"
- 2. fumble, blunder, pass, go through, go across
- usage: make one's way clumsily or blindly; "He fumbled towards the door"
- 3. fumble, handle, palm
- usage: handle clumsily
- 4. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 5. fumble, play
- usage: drop or juggle or fail to play cleanly a grounder; "fumble a grounder"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bungling, clumsy, fumbling, incompetent, unskilled (vs. skilled)
- usage: showing lack of skill or aptitude; "a bungling workman"; "did a clumsy job"; "his fumbling attempt to put up a shelf"
All rights reserved.