Synonyms of frustrating
- 1. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 2. torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate, harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
- usage: treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frustrating, discouraging (vs. encouraging)
- usage: discouraging by hindering
- 2. frustrating, frustrative, thwarting, preventive (vs. permissive), preventative
- usage: preventing realization or attainment of a desire
All rights reserved.