- 1. frost, hoar, hoarfrost, rime, ice, water ice
- usage: ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)
- 2. freeze, frost, cold weather
- usage: weather cold enough to cause freezing
- 3. frost, icing, freeze, freezing
- usage: the formation of frost or ice on a surface
- 4. Frost, Robert Frost, Robert Lee Frost
- usage: United States poet famous for his lyrical poems on country life in New England (1874-1963)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frost, ice, cover
- usage: decorate with frosting; "frost a cake"
- 2. frost, cover
- usage: provide with a rough or speckled surface or appearance; "frost the glass"; "she frosts her hair"
- 3. frost, cover
- usage: cover with frost; "ice crystals frosted the glass"
- 4. frost, damage
- usage: damage by frost; "The icy precipitation frosted the flowers and they turned brown"
All rights reserved.
See also: frost (Dictionary)