- 1. periphery, fringe, outer boundary, boundary, edge, bound
- usage: the outside boundary or surface of something
- 2. outskirt, fringe, city district
- usage: a part of the city far removed from the center; "they built a factory on the outskirts of the city"
- 3. fringe, interference fringe, optical phenomenon
- usage: one of the light or dark bands produced by the interference and diffraction of light
- 4. fringe, social group
- usage: a social group holding marginal or extreme views; "members of the fringe believe we should be armed with guns at all times"
- 5. bang, fringe, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
- 6. fringe, edging
- usage: an ornamental border consisting of short lengths of hanging threads or tassels
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fringe, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: adorn with a fringe; "The weaver fringed the scarf"
- 2. fringe, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: decorate with or as if with a surrounding fringe; "fur fringed the hem of the dress"
All rights reserved.
See also: fringe (Dictionary)