- 1. freshman, fresher, lowerclassman, underclassman
- usage: a first-year undergraduate
- 2. newcomer, fledgling, fledgeling, starter, neophyte, freshman, newbie, entrant, novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate
- usage: any new participant in some activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. freshman, first-year, first (vs. last)
- usage: used of a person in the first year of an experience (especially in United States high school or college); "a freshman senator"; "freshman year in high school or college"
All rights reserved.
See also: freshman (Dictionary)