Synonyms of freest
- 1. free (vs. unfree), at large(predicate), escaped, loose, on the loose(predicate), autonomous, independent, self-governing, sovereign, available, uncommitted, aweigh, atrip, clear(predicate), emancipated, liberated, footloose, out-of-school, unconfined, unimprisoned, unconstrained, unhampered, unrestricted, free, independent, unbound, unconfined, unrestrained, unrestricted
- usage: able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; "free enterprise"; "a free port"; "a free country"; "I have an hour free"; "free will"; "free of racism"; "feel free to stay as long as you wish"; "a free choice"
- 2. free (vs. bound), liberated, unbound
- usage: unconstrained or not chemically bound in a molecule or not fixed and capable of relatively unrestricted motion; "free expansion"; "free oxygen"; "a free electron"
- 3. complimentary, costless, free, gratis(predicate), gratuitous, unpaid (vs. paid)
- usage: costing nothing; "complimentary tickets"; "free admission"
- 4. free, unoccupied (vs. occupied)
- usage: not occupied or in use; "a free locker"; "a free lane"
- 5. detached, free, unfixed (vs. fixed)
- usage: not fixed in position; "the detached shutter fell on him"; "he pulled his arm free and ran"
- 6. free (vs. unfree), freeborn, free-soil, slaveless, non-slave, free
- usage: not held in servitude; "after the Civil War he was a free man"
- 7. spare, free, unoccupied (vs. occupied)
- usage: not taken up by scheduled activities; "a free hour between classes"; "spare time on my hands"
- 8. barren, destitute, devoid, free, innocent, nonexistent (vs. existent)
- usage: completely wanting or lacking; "writing barren of insight"; "young recruits destitute of experience"; "innocent of literary merit"; "the sentence was devoid of meaning"
- 9. free, loose, liberal, inexact (vs. exact)
- usage: not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of freest (Dictionary)