WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fraud, crime, offense, criminal offense, criminal offence, offence, law-breaking
- usage: intentional deception resulting in injury to another person
- 2. imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player, deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
- usage: a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- 3. fraud, fraudulence, dupery, hoax, humbug, put-on, trickery, chicanery, chicane, guile, wile, shenanigan
- usage: something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
All rights reserved.
See also: fraud (Dictionary)