- 1. franchise, concession, grant
- usage: an authorization to sell a company's goods or services in a particular place
- 2. franchise, dealership, business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation
- usage: a business established or operated under an authorization to sell or distribute a company's goods or services in a particular area
- 3. franchise, enfranchisement, legal right
- usage: a statutory right or privilege granted to a person or group by a government (especially the rights of citizenship and the right to vote)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. franchise, license, licence, certify
- usage: grant a franchise to
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of franchise (Dictionary)