Synonyms of framed
- 1. frame, frame in, border, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
- 2. frame, enclose, hold in, confine
- usage: enclose in a frame, as of a picture
- 3. ensnare, entrap, frame, set up, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: take or catch as if in a snare or trap; "I was set up!"; "The innocent man was framed by the police"
- 4. frame, redact, cast, put, couch, give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate
- usage: formulate in a particular style or language; "I wouldn't put it that way"; "She cast her request in very polite language"
- 5. frame, compose, draw up, plan
- usage: make up plans or basic details for; "frame a policy"
- 6. frame, frame up, construct, build, make
- usage: construct by fitting or uniting parts together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. framed (vs. unframed)
- usage: provided with a frame; "there were framed snapshots of family and friends on her desk"
All rights reserved.