WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. atomization, atomisation, fragmentation, division
- usage: separating something into fine particles
- 2. fragmentation, decomposition, disintegration
- usage: the disintegration of social norms governing behavior and thought and social relationships
- 3. fragmentation, storage
- usage: (computer science) the condition of a file that is broken up and stored in many different locations on a magnetic disk; "fragmentation slows system performance because it takes extra time to locate and assemble the parts of the fragmented file"
- 4. fragmentation, explosion, detonation, blowup
- usage: the scattering of bomb fragments after the bomb explodes
All rights reserved.
See also: fragmentation (Dictionary)