- 1. fourth, rank
- usage: following the third position; number four in a countable series
- 2. one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern, common fraction, simple fraction
- usage: one of four equal parts; "a quarter of a pound"
- 3. fourth, interval, musical interval
- usage: the musical interval between one note and another four notes away from it
- 1. fourth, 4th, quaternary, ordinal (vs. cardinal)
- usage: coming next after the third and just before the fifth in position or time or degree or magnitude; "the quaternary period of geologic time extends from the end of the tertiary period to the present"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fourthly, fourth
- usage: in the fourth place; "fourthly, you must pay the rent on the first of the month"
All rights reserved.
See also: fourth (Dictionary)