Synonyms of founding
- 1. initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. establish, set up, found, launch, open, open up
- usage: set up or found; "She set up a literacy program"
- 2. establish, found, plant, constitute, institute, initiate, pioneer
- usage: set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- 3. establish, base, ground, found
- usage: use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some observation"
All rights reserved.