Synonyms of fostering
- 1. fostering, fosterage, encouragement
- usage: encouragement; aiding the development of something
- 2. breeding, bringing up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing, socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
- usage: helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foster, further, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: promote the growth of; "Foster our children's well-being and education"
- 2. foster, rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: bring up under fosterage; of children
- 3. foster, nurture, encourage
- usage: help develop, help grow; "nurture his talents"
All rights reserved.