- 1. Foster, Stephen Foster, Stephen Collins Foster
- usage: United States songwriter whose songs embody the sentiment of the South before the American Civil War (1826-1864)
- 1. foster, further, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: promote the growth of; "Foster our children's well-being and education"
- 2. foster, rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: bring up under fosterage; of children
- 3. foster, nurture, encourage
- usage: help develop, help grow; "nurture his talents"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foster, surrogate, adoptive (vs. biological)
- usage: providing or receiving nurture or parental care though not related by blood or legal ties; "foster parent"; "foster child"; "foster home"; "surrogate father"
All rights reserved.
See also: foster (Dictionary)