Synonyms of formulated
- 1. explicate, formulate, develop, speculate, theorize, theorise, conjecture, hypothesize, hypothesise, hypothecate, suppose
- usage: elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses; "Could you develop the ideas in your thesis"
- 2. invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- 3. give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate, express, show, evince
- usage: put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
- 4. formulate, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare according to a formula
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formulated, developed (vs. undeveloped)
- usage: devised; developed according to an orderly plan; "he had well formulated opinions on schooling"
All rights reserved.