Synonyms of formed
- 1. form, organize, organise, make, create
- usage: create (as an entity); "social groups form everywhere"; "They formed a company"
- 2. form, constitute, make, constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting"; "The branches made a roof"; "This makes a fine introduction"
- 3. form, take form, take shape, spring, become
- usage: develop into a distinctive entity; "our plans began to take shape"
- 4. shape, form, change, alter, modify
- usage: give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young child's character"
- 5. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 6. imprint, form, influence, act upon, work
- usage: establish or impress firmly in the mind; "We imprint our ideas onto our children"
- 7. form, change
- usage: assume a form or shape; "the water formed little beads"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formed (vs. unformed), ductile, malleable, pliable, pliant, tensile, tractile, acorn-shaped, awl-shaped, bacillar, bacillary, bacilliform, baculiform, rod-shaped, bag-shaped, bar-shaped, basket-shaped, belt-shaped, biform, boot-shaped, bottle-shaped, botuliform, butterfly-shaped, button-shaped, catenulate, chainlike, claw-shaped, club-shaped, club-shaped, cowl-shaped, cross-shaped, die-cast, drum-shaped, drum-like, eel-shaped, fan-shaped, fig-shaped, foot-shaped, football-shaped, funnel-shaped, guitar-shaped, hammer-shaped, harp-shaped, hook-shaped, horn-shaped, hourglass-shaped, H-shaped, keel-shaped, lance-shaped, lancet-shaped, lip-shaped, L-shaped, lyre-shaped, navicular, scaphoid, nutmeg-shaped, oven-shaped, paddle-shaped, perfected, phylliform, pitcher-shaped, precast, ribbon-shaped, rudder-like, saddle-shaped, slipper-shaped, shaped, molded, wrought, spade-shaped, spade-like, spider-shaped, spoon-shaped, s-shaped, stirrup-shaped, tassel-shaped, T-shaped, tadpole-shaped, thimble-shaped, trumpet-shaped, turnip-shaped, umbrella-shaped, U-shaped, vase-shaped, vermiform, worm-shaped, v-shaped, W-shaped, Y-shaped
- usage: having or given a form or shape
All rights reserved.