- 1. format, formatting, data format, data formatting, information, info
- usage: the organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing)
- 2. format, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: the general appearance of a publication
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. format, arrange, change
- usage: set (printed matter) into a specific format; "Format this letter so it can be printed out"
- 2. format, determine, set
- usage: determine the arrangement of (data) for storage and display (in computer science)
- 3. format, initialize, initialise, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data; "Please format this disk before entering data!"
All rights reserved.
See also: format (Dictionary)