WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. formality, formalities, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: a requirement of etiquette or custom; "a mere formality"
- 2. formality, formalness, manner, personal manner
- usage: a manner that strictly observes all forms and ceremonies; "the formality of his voice made the others pay him close attention"
- 3. formality, conformity, conformation, compliance, abidance
- usage: compliance with formal rules; "courtroom formality"
All rights reserved.
See also: formality (Dictionary)