- 1. pitchfork, fork, lift
- usage: lift with a pitchfork; "pitchfork hay"
- 2. fork, attack, aggress
- usage: place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- 3. branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate, diverge
- usage: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
- 4. fork, shape, form
- usage: shape like a fork; "She forked her fingers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bifurcate, biramous, branched, forked, fork-like, forficate, pronged, prongy, divided (vs. united)
- usage: resembling a fork; divided or separated into two branches; "the biramous appendages of an arthropod"; "long branched hairs on its legson which pollen collects"; "a forked river"; "a forked tail"; "forked lightning"; "horseradish grown in poor soil may develop prongy roots"
- 2. double, forked, equivocal (vs. unequivocal), ambiguous
- usage: having two meanings with intent to deceive; "a sly double meaning"; "spoke with forked tongue"
All rights reserved.
See also: forked (Dictionary)