Synonyms of forgoing
- 1. renunciation, forgoing, forswearing, rejection
- usage: the act of renouncing; sacrificing or giving up or surrendering (a possession or right or title or privilege etc.)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. waive, relinquish, forgo, forego, foreswear, dispense with
- usage: do without or cease to hold or adhere to; "We are dispensing with formalities"; "relinquish the old ideas"
- 2. predate, precede, forego, forgo, antecede, antedate
- usage: be earlier in time; go back further; "Stone tools precede bronze tools"
- 3. forfeit, give up, throw overboard, waive, forgo, forego, abandon
- usage: lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime; "you've forfeited your right to name your successor"; "forfeited property"
All rights reserved.