- 1. forgive, concede, yield, grant
- usage: stop blaming or grant forgiveness; "I forgave him his infidelity"; "She cannot forgive him for forgetting her birthday"
- 2. forgive, exempt, relieve, free
- usage: absolve from payment; "I forgive you your debt"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. forgiving (vs. unforgiving), kind, tolerant, unvindictive
- usage: inclined or able to forgive and show mercy; "a kindly forgiving nature"; "a forgiving embrace to the naughty child"
- 2. absolvitory, exonerative, forgiving, exculpatory (vs. inculpatory)
- usage: providing absolution
All rights reserved.
See also: forgiving (Dictionary)