Synonyms of foretelling
- 1. prediction, foretelling, forecasting, prognostication, statement
- usage: a statement made about the future
- 2. divination, foretelling, soothsaying, fortune telling, prophecy, prognostication, vaticination
- usage: the art or gift of prophecy (or the pretense of prophecy) by supernatural means
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. announce, annunciate, harbinger, foretell, herald, tell
- usage: foreshadow or presage
- 2. predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
- 3. bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict, bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
- usage: indicate by signs; "These signs bode bad news"
All rights reserved.