Synonyms of forestalling
- 1. obviation, forestalling, preclusion, prevention, bar
- usage: the act of preventing something by anticipating and disposing of it effectively
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: keep from happening or arising; make impossible; "My sense of tact forbids an honest answer"; "Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project"
- 2. anticipate, foresee, forestall, counter, act, move
- usage: act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
All rights reserved.