Synonyms of foreshadowing
- 1. prefiguration, foreshadowing, adumbration, prediction, anticipation, prevision
- usage: the act of providing vague advance indications; representing beforehand
- 1. bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict, bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
- usage: indicate by signs; "These signs bode bad news"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adumbrative, foreshadowing, prefigurative, prophetic (vs. unprophetic), prophetical
- usage: indistinctly prophetic
All rights reserved.