- 1. foreground, view, aspect, prospect, scene, vista, panorama
- usage: the part of a scene that is near the viewer
- 2. foreground, window
- usage: (computer science) a window for an active application
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foreground, highlight, spotlight, play up, bring out, set off
- usage: move into the foreground to make more visible or prominent; "The introduction highlighted the speaker's distinguished career in linguistics"
All rights reserved.
See also: foreground (Dictionary)