- 1. loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around, be
- usage: be about; "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
- 2. footle, act, behave, do
- usage: act foolishly, as by talking nonsense
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fiddling, footling, lilliputian, little, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune, trivial, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (informal) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"
All rights reserved.
See also: footling (Dictionary)