WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. food, nutrient, substance
- usage: any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue
- 2. food, solid food, solid
- usage: any solid substance (as opposed to liquid) that is used as a source of nourishment; "food and drink"
- 3. food, food for thought, intellectual nourishment, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
All rights reserved.
See also: food (Dictionary)