WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fondness, fancy, partiality, liking
- usage: a predisposition to like something; "he had a fondness for whiskey"
- 2. affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmness, warmheartedness, philia, feeling
- usage: a positive feeling of liking; "he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"; "the child won everyone's heart"; "the warmness of his welcome made us feel right at home"
- 3. affectionateness, fondness, lovingness, warmth, emotionality, emotionalism
- usage: a quality proceeding from feelings of affection or love
All rights reserved.
See also: fondness (Dictionary)