Synonyms of folding
- 1. protein folding, folding, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape; "understanding protein folding is the next step in deciphering the genetic code"
- 2. fold, folding, geological process, geologic process
- usage: a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- 3. fold, folding, change of shape
- usage: the act of folding; "he gave the napkins a double fold"
- 1. fold, fold up, turn up, change surface
- usage: bend or lay so that one part covers the other; "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
- 2. fold, integrate, incorporate
- usage: incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating; "Fold the egg whites into the batter"
- 3. close up, close, fold, shut down, close down
- usage: cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
- 4. pen up, fold, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: confine in a fold, like sheep
- 5. fold, fold up, change
- usage: become folded or folded up; "The bed folds in a jiffy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foldable, foldaway, folding(prenominal), collapsible (vs. noncollapsible), collapsable
- usage: capable of being folded up and stored; "a foldaway bed"
All rights reserved.