- 1. boom, thrive, flourish, expand, grow
- usage: grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
- 2. thrive, prosper, fly high, flourish, change state, turn
- usage: make steady progress; be at the high point in one's career or reach a high point in historical significance or importance; "The new student is thriving"
- 3. brandish, flourish, wave, move, displace
- usage: move or swing back and forth; "She waved her gun"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. booming, flourishing, palmy, prospering, prosperous, roaring, thriving, successful (vs. unsuccessful)
- usage: very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"
All rights reserved.
See also: flourishing (Dictionary)