Synonyms of flooded
- 1. deluge, flood, inundate, swamp, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid; "the basement was inundated after the storm"; "The images flooded his mind"
- 2. flood, cover, spread over
- usage: cover with liquid, usually water; "The swollen river flooded the village"; "The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
- 3. flood, oversupply, glut, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with an excess of; "flood the market with tennis shoes"; "Glut the country with cheap imports from the Orient"
- 4. flood, fill, fill up
- usage: become filled to overflowing; "Our basement flooded during the heavy rains"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. afloat(predicate), awash(predicate), flooded, inundated, overflowing, full (vs. empty)
- usage: covered with water; "the main deck was afloat (or awash)"; "the monsoon left the whole place awash"; "a flooded bathroom"; "inundated farmlands"; "an overflowing tub"
All rights reserved.