- 1. flight, formation
- usage: a formation of aircraft in flight
- 2. flight, flying, air travel, aviation, air
- usage: an instance of traveling by air; "flying was still an exciting adventure for him"
- 3. flight, flight of stairs, flight of steps, stairway, staircase
- usage: a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
- 4. escape, flight, running away
- usage: the act of escaping physically; "he made his escape from the mental hospital"; "the canary escaped from its cage"; "his flight was an indication of his guilt"
- 5. flight, air unit
- usage: an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- 6. flight, creativity, creativeness, creative thinking
- usage: passing above and beyond ordinary bounds; "a flight of fancy"; "flights of rhetoric"; "flights of imagination"
- 7. trajectory, flight, mechanical phenomenon
- usage: the path followed by an object moving through space
- 8. flight, flock
- usage: a flock of flying birds
- 9. flight, trip
- usage: a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports; "I took the noon flight to Chicago"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flight, shoot, pip
- usage: shoot a bird in flight
- 2. flight, fly, wing
- usage: fly in a flock; "flighting wild geese"
- 3. fledge, flight, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with feathers; "fledge an arrow"
All rights reserved.
See also: flight (Dictionary)