- 1. spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smell, atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
- usage: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- 2. flavor, flavour, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: (physics) the six kinds of quarks
- 3. relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, nip, tang, taste, taste sensation, gustatory sensation, taste perception, gustatory perception
- usage: the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. season, flavor, flavour
- usage: lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
All rights reserved.
See also: flavour (Dictionary)