Synonyms of flapping
- 1. flap, flapping, flutter, fluttering, wave, undulation
- usage: the motion made by flapping up and down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. roll, undulate, flap, wave, move
- usage: move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- 2. flap, beat, pound, thump
- usage: move noisily; "flags flapped in the strong wind"
- 3. beat, flap, move, displace
- usage: move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
- 4. beat, flap, move
- usage: move with a flapping motion; "The bird's wings were flapping"
- 5. dither, flap, pother, fuss, niggle, fret
- usage: make a fuss; be agitated
- 6. flap, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
All rights reserved.