Synonyms of flame tree
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flame tree, fire tree, Christmas tree, Nuytsia floribunda, parasitic plant
- usage: a terrestrial evergreen shrub or small tree of western Australia having brilliant yellow-orange flowers; parasitic on roots of grasses
- 2. royal poinciana, flamboyant, flame tree, peacock flower, Delonix regia, Poinciana regia, angiospermous tree, flowering tree
- usage: showy tropical tree or shrub native to Madagascar; widely planted in tropical regions for its immense racemes of scarlet and orange flowers; sometimes placed in genus Poinciana
- 3. flame tree, broad-leaved bottletree, Brachychiton australis, bottle-tree, bottle tree
- usage: north Australian tree having white flowers and broad leaves
- 4. flame tree, flame durrajong, Brachychiton acerifolius, Sterculia acerifolia, bottle-tree, bottle tree
- usage: south Australian tree having panicles of brilliant scarlet flowers
- 5. huisache, cassie, mimosa bush, sweet wattle, sweet acacia, scented wattle, flame tree, Acacia farnesiana, acacia
- usage: tropical American thorny shrub or small tree; fragrant yellow flowers used in making perfumery
All rights reserved.